Darrin B Tod

| map-marker Hammond, Indiana

RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE

I and my family were a guest at the ihop in hammond indiana on Indianapolis blvd...We aited 30minutes in the resturant while 4 employees came out only to utilize the bathroom...No crowd in the store...Time we entered 945pm on wednesday 4.11.2024...Just us and another family...it was like they were waiting untul we left which we did...Bad service...
Cons:
  • None yet

Sharima B

| map-marker Conyers, Georgia

Refused to seat a party of 1 that came after a party of 4

IHOP - Refused to seat a party of 1 that came after a party of 4

February 23, 2024.

Upon arrival at the IHOP at 1310 Dogwood Dr., Conyers, GA, with my five-year-old and one-year-old children, we were informed that there were no available tables for one adult with two small children, despite the presence of several empty tables and a largely vacant parking lot. We were relegated to waiting, even though it was clear that there were ample seats available.

What made this experience particularly disheartening was the explanation provided by a staff member, who identified himself as a manager.

He stated that just because there were vacant seats did not mean they could accommodate us over a party of five who arrived before us. This was justified, he said, by IHOP protocol, policy, and procedures, which dictated that we wait for larger parties to be seated first, regardless of our situation.

It is deeply troubling that IHOP's policies prioritize larger groups over families with small children, especially when there are clearly available seats. As a parent, it was distressing to witness my children's confusion and discomfort during this ordeal.

I understand the importance of adhering to policies and procedures, but I urge you to consider the impact they have on customer experience.

Flexibility and empathy towards customers, especially those with young children, should be paramount in hospitality.

I sincerely hope that IHOP will review its policies to ensure that no other family has to endure such a disappointing experience. I remain hopeful that IHOP can regain my trust as a customer in the future.

Preferred solution: Acknowledgement and empathy. I didn’t lose money well if you consider the gas that I used, but I lost time and energy. It was a waste of time and energy to go there and wait and just sit there and be told that.

User's recommendation: File complaints because it’s unethical!

Marcelline Syr

You and your two children is a party of 3 not a party of one. If it comes to math please do not homeschool your kids.

Guest

There may have been many unattended tables, but I bet there way less servers on duty. You wait based on how many servers are available. That being said, with your attitude and fake post title “Table for 1”, I’d have sat you at the counter at a stool between two people and let you meltdown.

Guest

Your title to your post makes zero sense. In your title, you identify yourself as a party of 1, yet you state in the body of your post you had 2 children with you.

You also state the party that arrived before you was a party of 4 but later in the body of your complaint call them a party of 5.

I don't know what the seating policy is, but you not being seated has nothing to do with any party that arrived before you. I suspect there is more to this story.

Guest

Then stay home. They won’t miss you.

View more comments (3)
Miriam Vox

GF on Menu

IHOP - GF on Menu

Each time I visit this university location in Miami on 107 Ave & SW 8th Street, I ask for the Gluten Friendly pancakes on the Menu Each time I am told the same that they do not have them. I made a complaint to the manager previously and he advised they would make for me next time to ask that they make. Today, I asked for them and was advised that they did not have any when told them that the manager had told to ask and I insisted they ask the cook, the waitress returned with a message from the cook they do not have GF pancakes prepared and the cook did not know how to prepare it is usually prepared by a specific food prep person and they are not here.

Pros:
  • Love breakfast
Cons:
  • Menu issues

Preferred solution: Deliver what is on the menu

User's recommendation: Even if on the menu they do not have to make if for you

Guest

Pancakes are the easiest thing to make. Make them at home.

Lil stinky

| map-marker Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Cold shitcakes...

IHOP - Cold shitcakes...
IHOP - Cold shitcakes... - Image 2

there was *** poopy dookie on my gyat damn seat bruhh Bullshitstunk to *** watched this ugly *** baby get changed RIGHT on the gyat damn table bro the *** must have leaked straight OUT of it's *** and onto my seat Dead

I sat RIGHT on that stinky *** *** I tried slitting my own throat to save me from the smell but they gave me *** wooden utensils that give you *** tongue splinters so they weren't sharp enough to piece the skin. Gave the manager enough time to put me in a *** chokehold which was lowkey worse cuz she was practically stuffing my *** face in her sweaty *** onion pits, it's like she bathed in their *** dog turd quesadillas bruh.

She was literally shoving my *** out of the store so i was like "let me go or ur my lil gay femboy :3" and that mf dropped me so fast, homophobic *** *** I ran to the bathroom to wash the shitarrhea off my *** *** but there was this *** employee standing outside the open stall, *** little *** but I didn't have the time to fight back cuz the *** *** was banging on the locked bathroom door outside. So i lock myself in there, ripping that sandpaper *** toilet paper off as fast as I could. But that mf outside the stall was like: "I can smelll youuuu :3 are you pooping~? it's so stinki :3"

so im like "bro this isnt funny i hate you *** prank tiktokers" and i literally gave up cuz my *** was already stained. So I was boutta leave and I got the creep's name from her employee name tag, 'Meghan' so watch out for her bro...

The police were already outside when I left and they got on top of my *** so quick, I swear the mf whispered "ggyaaaaat " so I said "excuse me??" but bro started giving me a zesty *** look so I stopped asking questions...

0/10 experience bro

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: don't order the nutella crepes bro they pump it like dog turds and it gives me painful flashbacks...

Aaron S Eom

| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Poor Service

IHOP - Poor Service
Went to IHop in East Windsor near the NJ Turnpike at 9:45 got seated. Every host walked by me for 25 mins. No water or coffee offered. Ignored until I walked out. Interestingly enough, it was not crowded at all. The young lady at the door was nice enough to tell me to have a nice day, although oblivious that I was sitting within 15ft of the front desk. Maybe she should run this location? I am choosing another breakfast place, better food and less expensive.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your time

| map-marker New York, New York

Terminated From IHOP For The Wrong Reason

Terminated From IHOP For The Wrong Reason
Terminated From IHOP For The Wrong Reason - Image 2
Terminated From IHOP For The Wrong Reason - Image 3

I started working at my IHOP restaurant as a Host since May 26 of this year and I got terminated this month on the third where I was scheduled to work. Now the reason why I was fired was because they felt I was stealing food from the restaurant and the manager I was working with told all the employees that if there was food that was made and there were no customers at the restaurant that it was okay for us to take the food home and give the food to homeless people.

Mind you, the restaurant I was working at was more like a Hispanic neighborhood where Spanish speaks were needed. And I'm a person with intellectual disability. They were telling me as a Host that I couldn't be in the kitchen in the back, couldn't wipe down tables, and couldn't bring food to Dine In customers. As a Host, I always greet the customers and always ask them how is their day, and they will ask me as well.

I was polite, always with a smile, and respected others, specially my co-workers. One of the supervisors took my manager job because my manager was in mertrity leave. So all my coworkers had their schedules but me and these was when I asked to take a little vacation, but I did complete my hours for the days I took. So when I came back everything was different, there will be one server and probably two cooks and a buster.

In times the buster would be busy doing other things, and I was doing a buster job plus dining in customers that came in the restaurant. I had a warning about that, and they told me that I shouldn't clean the tables, so I told them what you guys want me to put a customer on a dirty table which mind you it was not sanitary enough and there were still plates and cups for hours and not only that some of the syrups were not filled up, so I had to do all that work. Oh, another thing was when I was packing up food for the customers these supervisors were rude, unprofessional, and never let me do my job. Instead, they were talking behind my back with other coworkers and making me feel like I was not doing my job correctly.

So one of the supervisors had something against me, and she was telling everyone that I shouldn't eat at the restaurant and that I couldn't even ask for the cookers to cook me food at all because I was investigated on how much food I took outside the restaurant. So there were days when I just starve because I couldn't eat there and other cookers were telling me how unfair I was being treated by this supervisor. She was following me during my job, taking her cellphone out to record every lie I was doing, and also timing me on how long I was using the bathroom. Like I couldn't even take a *** like WTF.

I felt that I was being bullied and discriminated, and now I feel like I will never find a job in NYC because of my disability and how I get treated is unfairly and unprofessional. I wish that supervisor was fired instead it was me. Furthermore, I still feel so upset and hurt about being without a job because this job was to help my parents with bills and also to help my father that is battling two cancer and this restaurant didn't give me a chance to explain my side of the story instead they took the supervisor side and terminated me for stealing customers food which I never do. In fact there were times that I wouldn't even finish my own food that I used to eat there and take it home but now is a problem mind you this happened when my manager started her metrity leave because she was going to give birth to her baby.

I did everything I could at the restaurant not for the manager but for the customers. It was a lot of customers begin to yell at and curse at too. And also customers used to come to me and tell me how they were being treated was unfairly and rude.

Now karma is coming for the supervisor every soon, but God sees everything. And what others do for others comes right back at them.

User's recommendation: Terminated From IHOP as a Host

Lame Rant Alert......................

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426639

Excuse me if you have nothing nice to say please don't comment I swear y'all words don't hurt me at all.

Guest

Your handbook allows you, on break, to purchase a meal at 50% off. It also states any food you leave with must be paid for .

Don’t know why you claim you starve at times. As for your job, you are a host. You don’t bus tables. You don’t refill items on the table.

It seems like you might not be at your post to greet customers. It appears they are clearly defining your job and you are resisting.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2426589

I understand that but I was told by my manager that I can eat for free and that I didn't had to pay for the food and on top of that I was always on my front desk. Making sure everything was neat and organized.

I always kept my position professional and on point. Supervisors that were taking my manager job were treating me wrong and making fun of me. The whole thing was a misunderstanding on their part that's what I feel.

And besides this is my opinion idc who doesn't agree with me. No one knows me at that restaurant the one that knows who I am as a person is me and God.

reply icon Replying to comment of luciana c Mpu

I’m just saying stay at your post as hostess and only do those tasks in your job description or upon manager request. Buy your break meal at 50% off and don’t take any food after your shift no matter who allows it or how good your intentions are. God doesn’t sign your paycheck.

View more comments (4)
Ti B

Verified Reviewer

Food incorrect took food back to get my food corrected and was told to leave.

IHOP - Food incorrect took food back to get my food corrected and was told to leave. - Image 2
IHOP - Food incorrect took food back to get my food corrected and was told to leave. - Image 3
IHOP - Food incorrect took food back to get my food corrected and was told to leave. - Image 4
IHOP - Food incorrect took food back to get my food corrected and was told to leave. - Image 5

Called Ihop on 29th Topeka Blvd in Kansas stated that my omelette was suppose to have spinach and was missing item I told manager I was bringing the item back so the manager took my food to the back that I brought back to store and was putting her hands all in my food and then brought it out in a to go bag with a separate spinach item with the cold omelette that I brought back up to store and told me she is not fixing me another omelette I said that is not sanitary u been back there touching all in my food and I just want my order correct and give u the incorrect item back the Manger Jackie told me to leave all because Im come back to ask u to correct my order Im about to leave I need to talk with Corporate or the Owners or someone that can help me solve this problem and if the Manager could call them while Im at the store. Never experienced anything like this in my life.Contacted guest relations gave my phone number and called and email to help me Blanco still have not called me to solve my problem about all this to be corrected I told them to have the Corporate or Owner contact me direct since Guest Relations or the Store General Manager can not help me who would eat that.

Preferred solution: Will talk to company

User's recommendation: Make sure your food is right and Safe to eat from cross contaminations

Ti B

IHOP Topeka Kansas 29th Topeka Blvd

IHOP Topeka Kansas 29th Topeka Blvd
IHOP Topeka Kansas 29th Topeka Blvd - Image 2
IHOP Topeka Kansas 29th Topeka Blvd - Image 3
IHOP Topeka Kansas 29th Topeka Blvd - Image 4

Called Ihop on 29th Topeka Blvd in Kansas stated that my omelette was suppose to have spinach and was messing item I told manager I was bringing the item back so the manager took my food to the back that I brought back to store and was putting her hands all in my food and then brought it out in a to go bag with a separate spinach item with the cold omelette that I brought back up to store and told me she is not fixing me another omelette I said that is not sanitary u been back there touching all in my food and I just want my order correct and give u the incorrect item back the Manger Jackie told me to leave all because Im come back to ask u to correct my order Im about to leave I need to talk with Corporate or the Owners or someone that can help me solve this problem and if the Manager could call them while Im at the store.

Preferred solution: Problem solved

User's recommendation: Managers and food is not right when u spending your money!!!

Sandi A Lqk

| map-marker Reseda, California

South Portland Maine location

IHOP - South Portland Maine location
IHOP - South Portland Maine location - Image 2
Just thought you should know that the location we went to today for lunch, the utensils on the table were dirty. I took picturescheck yourchec. When asked the waitress did bring us new utensils. But the idea that they could put out dirty utensils, makes me wonder about the kitchen cleanliness. This location was in south Portland, Maine.before you sit down and o

User's recommendation: Check your utensils before sitting down to order

Sandi A Lqk

| map-marker South Portland, Maine

South Portland Maine location

IHOP - South Portland Maine location
IHOP - South Portland Maine location - Image 2
Just thought you should know that the location we went to today for lunch, the utensils on the table were dirty. I took pictures of you would like them. When asked the waitress did bring us new utensils. But the idea that they could put out dirty utensils, makes me wonder about the kitchen cleanliness.

Preferred solution: Acknowledgement as well what ever they feel appropriate for advising of this issue

Valerie M Gve

| map-marker Hattiesburg, Mississippi

I was wrongly fired based on my color of my understanding said that I gave someone a extra salsa

I was wrongly fired we had a surprise meeting yesterday I asked them did they want me to quit or was on fire they told me no my name is Valerie McSwain I get awesome reviews I get awesome service but me and the floor manager Ashley keep bumping heads cuz she get the worst reviews so you know they tell me I can't talk to people anymore I can't stop and greet the kids or if they're not my table you know it's a lot of things have changed from the views you know they allow her husband or her boyfriend to work under disability 7 days a week under that y'all don't know about so it's like they can do what they want to do and I make one mistake and the head balls Jamie and Ashley are best friends quote that she get the worst views you know that she only like to see Caucasian people that she don't like send color people she say we don't till but I said everyone old people and they love me so it's like she determinated by me I don't know but I feel like I was wrongly fired for no reason

Preferred solution: Justice

User's recommendation: If you go to IHOP on Hardy Street just be careful smile be nice and pretend like you going to tip good cuz that's the only way you going to get good service

Sadaf Z Vev

Verified Reviewer

Customer service stinks !

IHOP - Customer service stinks !
IHOP sends out emails saying u will get 25 bonus pancoins if u purchase 4 rooty tooty combos, I bought 6 but then doesnt honor it. Then when I asked to speak to a manager Im told he/she is not available! What non sense is this. Ive been told a manager will call me back lets see when I get that call
Pros:
  • Good food n good offers only if they offer it
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Pancoins 8 plus 25 so a total of 33 pancoins

User's recommendation: Not worth it !

Featured
El S Vxk

| map-marker New York, New York

Former Employee that was terminated for “being unprofessional”!

IHOP - Former Employee that was terminated for “being unprofessional”!
Explore video interviews
IHOP - Former Employee that was terminated for “being unprofessional”! - Image 2
Updated by user Jun 26, 2022

I am very grateful that I was offered to do a review on PissedConsumer’s You Tube Channel!I spoke with my friend who used to work at IHOP with me who was also terminated but for other reasons.Unfortunately many of the new workers there are being mistreated by the same...

Updated by user May 31, 2022

I have made almost the same post on Facebook and friends have been writing to me to contact the attorney general.Others are helping me look for positions that are better suited for me. I am very eternally grateful for everybody's help thank you for letting me post on...

Original review Jun 26, 2022
Fair warning to family, friends, and or acquaintances that actually take the time to read this entire epic biblically long 10-15 minute long post!
Im very eternally grateful for anyone who reads this and who responds!
I'm trying to prove that I might have been wrongfully terminated for " being unprofessional". I admit that I did receive warnings in the past and was given a few chances to rectify my behavior!
For once in my life I really didn't want to go social media because I don't want my former job or any of the employees or managers there to retaliate and try and sue me for money that I do not have.
However after being polite I am constantly being disrespected and spoken to sarcastically and dismissively by both Human Resources and managers.I decided to take matters into my own hands and post this.
I kindly wished my former manager a happy memorial day and nicely asked for the franchise owners phone number.
My former manager got short with me and said something about human resources which I honesty don't remember.

She then said that she is only telling me once that she is not going to give me the franchise owners personal phone number.
I nicely said Im not asking for his personal phone number. I am just asking for a phone number that I can reach him at.
I said I read the 55 page employee handbook a few times and it says that I have every right to speak with the franchise owner who owns 3 other of the same restaurants. She then hung up on me!
I called another location of the same restaurant where are used to work and was speaking to the hostess actually I was crying to her let me be honest! And former employees of that restaurant we're also very rude and sarcastic to me and used profanity when speaking to me!
When I previously worked there I was flat out told that the next time I worked I would receive an evaluation, most likely I wouldn't pass anyway and that I would get fired!
They were kind enough even though they did not give me the evaluation to transfer me to another location which I did greatly appreciate!
Anyways back to the topic.

When I called the former restaurant location that I used to work at I spoke with the kind hostess that I used to work with. I left word to please have the very nice district manager please call me back at his earliest convenience. I am fully aware that it is memorial day weekend so I understand him not calling me back today.
Again Im extremely sorry for this epic long post but my former place of employment I feel wrongfully terminated somebody else too but they're not willing to stand up for themselves.
Basically I was terminated for being unprofessional. I most likely wont qualify for any monetary gain but I would like to be respected and recognized!
However I would like to prove that there were forms of harassment taking place there!

There were forms of favoritism, as well as a kind of bullying and humiliation which caused it to be a very hostile work environment which affected my job performance and to me that was being very unprofessional on their part as well.!
I was out of work for 6 weeks and I supplied them with doctor's letters and they were kind enough to give me the time I needed to get better and to return to work, so I am very grateful to them for that! Human resources and management was made aware that I was on prescribed medication for my anxiety. I informed them that it made me feel tired.
I asked if I could please drink soda and or Red Bull at the host stand if I put it away from the view of the customers. By drinking soda or red bull I was hoping that it would counteract the tired effects of the medication and I was told that I could.
I got reprimanded for wearing nice kind of small hanging black and silver earrings.
It clearly states in the 55 page employee handbook that you can only wear earrings in your ears one earring per ear.

You cannot have an eyebrow piercing or facial piercing aka nose piercing.
So favoritism begins with the girl I used to work with I'm not going to use her name. Let's just say that "she who shall not be named" who is very nice wears a bull ring going through her nostrils for at least the six months on and off that I was employed there. Nobody said anything to her!
The girl with the bright blue nail polish told me not to go to her customers tables and ask them if they needed any help. So then a little later she asked me to please bring the nice customer a pot of coffee.
Honestly after not being allowed to have orange juice with sugar in it to counteract my medication.

I HAD FINALLY HAD IT! THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK!
So I said in front of the nice customer and her waitress with the loud colored blue nail polish Im sorry but I cannot go into the kitchen to get her a pot of coffee even though I wanted to.

And I nicely told the customer who is very nice who I've spoken to in the past on three occasions, That if you do not see me again its because I either got fired or suspended and I get in trouble for every little thing I do.

I mentioned that to other waiters and waitresses as well because I finally had it. So thats why I got in trouble that was me being unprofessional!

And I was also basically called a liar even though she didnt actually use the word liar when hazardous rainwater came pouring down on me when I was in the second bathroom stall a few months ago!
All because the Human Resources lady had worked there since they were 19 years old and shes is currently maybe in her 30s or but it happened to me and I told many people!
It was a different restaurant when she was 19 years old. And the pipes In the womens bathroom ceiling were rusted and rotting and rainwater was pouring down.

There was a musty, moldy maybe asbestos type smell Im not sure!
The 1st bathroom was out of order for at least a week and they had disgusting black garbage bags trying to cover up the rotting pipes and the rainwater that was coming down.
Straight up bleach was accidentally put in the Windex and the sanitizing spray as well making me cough and *** I had to go to the bathroom!
I also sliced my hand open on an A1 steak sauce bottle in front of customers who asked me if I would like the name of a lawyer and I politely said no thank you.
The former manager who is very nice tended to my wounds and asked me if I wanted to go to the hospital and I said no and I didnt go.
I tended to the wounds myself but an accident report was filled out but for all I know since I got terminated they threw that out as well!
It gets even better l! Again I really didnt want to put a post on Facebook or social media. They know Im on medicine that makes me tired and that I am allowed to drink soda upfront at the hostess stand as long as I hide it from view of the guests a.k.a. customers.
The day I got terminated the CO2 machine which puts carbonation in the beverages was broken.

I did not want to drink water or their disgusting mud coffee. I did not know that I could not have orange juice or apple juice.
A waiter was kind enough to give me a kids size orange juice and I got reprimanded for that!
I figured if I cant have caffeine at least some sugar will hopefully counteract the sleepiness effects of my prescribed medication. A not so nice manager took the kiddie cup of orange juice away from me and threw it out before I even had 1 single sip!
Then after having been a waitress for over 20 years and a hostess for eight months on and off I thought that after guests a.k.a. customers waiting 5 to 10 minutes to be seated that it being graduation I should make them aware that the CO2 machine was broken before they were seated.
We only had the disgusting mud coffee , water and orange juice and apple juice we didnt have any of the lovely new lemonades to offer them so I got reprimanded for that as well!
Since some of the waiters and host staff didnt see a mother with a young child sitting for 20 minutes and I bought them water and on I got tipped instead of the waitress.
I felt guilty and I offered her the tip or at least to split it with me and she was very nice and she declined and told me to keep it!
The lady and her young son were ignored for 20 minutes from what she told me.

Nobody so much as offered to get them a glass of water. I was appalled even though IT WAS NOT MY JOB!
My job description that day other than being a hostess for a few minutes for the last four hours was busing tables. I busted my *** all around the restaurant at 44 years old over 20 years older than most of the people there. I was on my hands and knees picking up crumbs and sweeping.
There were two hostesses at the host stand and waiters and waitresses that ignored them or didnt see them seat themselves.

The restaurant wasnt even busy!
I nicely spoke to a waiter who was finishing up his tables. He was on his cell phone. I don't even remember if the lady and her son sat in his section. I kindly asked him to please bring them water which he did not.
So thats when I decided to take matters into my own hands and to bring them both a cup of water.
Human resources and the manager said that I am NOT to go into the kitchen and help customers because I am taking tips away from the servers.
I tried to explain that 99% of the time the customers tip both the servers and myself.
I help people with baby carriages as well as wheelchairs.

I hold the doors open for them! Its just a type of person that I am and that is how I was raised!
And yes sometimes Ive gotten the customers water or soda or to go boxes when they asked me to.
And sometimes when they look like they were done and the waiter wasn't around I offered to get them to go boxes.
Oh it gets better! Human resources was rude to me and said if theyre sitting there waiting for 20 minutes or theyre looking for their server that is my job to find the server and or a manager.
I said so what about when the server is in the bathroom for awhile or outside smoking a cigarette or on their cell phone and I cant find them?
What about when I look for a manager or call the managers phone number downstairs and nobody picks up.?
Then the guest is still waiting another 10 or 15 minutes! I still shouldnt take matters into my own hands and get them a glass of water when its May
and they and their child are thirsty?
I am always getting in trouble for wearing my heart on my sleeve!
So I help people with baby carriages!

I help people with wheelchairs etc. and sometimes they are kind enough to tip me in addition to the waiters and waitresses.
I was told by the managers I am no longer allowed to go to the kitchen and help the customers if they need something because Im taking away money from the waiters! I have never taken money off of the table that was left for a waiter in my entire life serving or hostessing or bussing tables!
Aside from the fact when I was late or absent from work one time I said that I live with my elderly mother with many pertinent health problems and her health is my top priority!
The manager said to me my job is my top priority. I was very angry and hurt and honestly I wanted to quit on the spot over the phone but I did not!
The icing on the cake was after I was terminated I was outside at the bus stop pathetically crying.

I remembered a customer, a little girl who had pink rollerblades. I think her and her family had been waiting for a taxi cab for a while. I saw her skates outside the restaurant they were either forgotten or thrown in the garbage but there was no garbage can there.
I thought of the little girl and even though I was crying I went in and I spoke to a waitress and I explained that I found the skates and they belonged to a little girl who was a customer. I would like to leave them at the hostess stand.
When I asked about the skates to the manager after being terminated a day or so later I was hung up on.
So before I contact headquarters, attempt to get in contact with the franchise owner, the Better Business Bureau, the health department, call 311, post a yelp review or anything else I just took matters into my own hand and posted this!
I truly hope that I dont get in trouble and I really didnt want to get any of the other employees in trouble!

I just was shouting out management and Human Resources because Im tired of being ignored and disrespected and humiliated! Again Im probably not going to get monetary gain whatsoever!
Im truly very grateful and appreciative to any family, friends and or acquaintances who took the time to read this 15 minute epic long post please excuse any typos or poor grammar!
Pros:
  • Dedicated and hard working employees and loyal customers
Cons:
  • Too many cons to list
  • Human resources and management showing favoritism
  • Experience with the manager

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Be very weary! Feel free to post both positive and negative reviews on yelp! I was lucky and grateful enough to receive many compliments but I’ve barely ever received positive yelp reviews so to be honest I’ve received poor yelp reviews and it really affected me and depressed me and made me want to strive to act more appropriately!

Guest

I can believe it! Nobody here especially Managers/Assistant Managers have any idea on proper customer/staff service.

The sick is running the sick. How will that work out? I have traveled and worked at 2 of these IHOPS and if you really knew how nasty the girls were there, you would never eat at any IHOP. All the docs you sign, mean nothing, they don't even honor them.

Its a joke. The Food Service Manager is HR and even when they complain about her, it goes to her and she laughs. If you want to get sick. Go to the one in Ocala, FL on SE 93rd Ct especially if you want diarrhea.

Young girls with no sense of cleanliness and entitlement greet you at the door. The GenZ is waitstaff.

The smiles are fake and if you would just look around the place looks dirty. Take off of the rose color glasses you come in with and put on the mama glasses and you will start screaming.

Guest

You wrote a huge block of text with using paragraphs. I won't even try to read this!

Guest

Please excuse any typos and or poor use of grammar. I should have proofread and spell checked what I wrote before posting it. Thank you.

Hillari Xcy

ADA requires reasonable accommodations. This does not require a company to change a company wide policy that applies to everyone, Being rude is not something covered by ADA.

So the problem is you may be able to get unemployment, but your chances of a lawsuit are slim to none. This is kind of an extreme. If I require every employee to cluck like a chicken and you can not.

There is not an ADA complaint as I require everyone to do so. As a company I made that a key part of the job.

reply icon Replying to comment of Hillari Xcy

I agree. Most of the employees are young teens, but she is the one who is acting like a child.

El S Vxk

Dear Anonymous Person, You are 100% Correct I am NOT a Brain Surgeon! Maybe it's not enough for you or others including human resources at my former job or management, however I am a very sympathetic and more importantly an empathetic person.

I kindly ask you why don't you try putting yourself in my shoes and walking a mile in them for a day? You have every right to comment whatever you like on my post! But I have a right to respond to you as well! Let me ask you anonymous person a question or two.

Do you live at home with an elderly parent who you help take care of who has pertinent health issues who is top priority in your life? Are you trying to get stabilized on medication for your diagnosed severe anxiety and other mental and emotional issues? Are you on prescribed medication that makes you disoriented and in a brain fog at times? Have you been in and out of various hospitals since you were 12 years old?

I am very grateful for what I have in this life! Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anybody! I am well aware about what is going on in this world! The unfortunate horrific events that are happening in the Ukraine and what occurred in Texas to the innocent children that were murdered!

No offense but you seem like a very judgmental person to me. Perhaps you may even personally know me ANONYMOUS? If I said something wrong or offensive then I truly apologize! But we are all entitled to our own opinions!

I will put myself in your shoes and walk a mile in them, how about that?

I honestly have no idea what's going on in your life so I might not be able to handle walking a mile in your shoes! I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes and you don't know what it's like to be in mine!

reply icon Replying to comment of El S Vxk

There is no such word as "empathetic". The word you want is "empathic".

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2348516

Yea there is and they mean the exact same thing!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2348516

The words are “interchangeable” I looked it up!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2348516

Before you go around correcting someone use a period to end your sentence. Your sentence lacks some punctuation.

View more comments (15)
Kim M Jfh

Verified Buyer

Late and messy order! The driver said he didn't speak English

Cant get through the recording plays over and over! I had an order that was late over a hour plus, the food was shuffled and misplaced in the container. It was COLD! When I called the driver for his ETA he said that he couldnt speak English! Today is my husbands birthday and he loves IHOP only to be disappointed on his favorite omelette ! DOOR DASH put in a refund to IHOP to refund me but they didnt answer!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Usually good
Cons:
  • Bad delivery with doordash

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware of delivery orders!

Sharon A Ppw

Extremely dissatisfied

IHOP - Extremely dissatisfied
Not customer service friendly even down to the manager. I had several complaints for my Sunday which never happens
Pros:
  • Ihop is a good place to eat
Cons:
  • Customer service and manager is horrible

Preferred solution: Full refund

Kace Qjd
map-marker Allentown, Pennsylvania

Needs change at location

So I am currently working at this location. I am not Putting my name out there or anyone else in the name out there.

But if corporate knows who this person /owner of this franchise is Then I hope they do their research and get someone to do a undercover eat in our something But I have been working for this. Ihop at this location for sometime . It was taken over by a new owner/franchiseee. He is currently the owner/ manager at the same time.

Because he does not wanna pay someone manager wage. We have lost well. I have lost I know for a fact many Repeating customers since he has started at this location.due to his kitchen employees that he brought over from his other Supposedly ihop location. He has in South somewhere, Alabama or Louisiana, I think.Also, all the servers that are working currently at this location are doing other job descriptions then what servers should only be doing due to not wanting to Pay more then server wage For example, theirs no hostess ,bus boys.

Manger to go order person He is never there, but when we have a issue. He says to text him if there's an issue. He blames us if there's a problem even if it's not our fault. And it's his fault he does not admit fault you can get the hint Anyways

We just started to be a 24 hour location.

Only on the weekends the servers that worked over night were promised $**.00/hour and were not paid $xx.**/hour. He promises all these things to these employees & when it comes down to it

The conversation he ignores it or Leave the restaurant or ignores the text messages says I'm too busy. He says it's his way or the highway basically. He does not care about the law.us servers/employees Are afraid to confront him due to being fired bc We picked a job like this for a reason because we get paid Daily And he has other employees stealing from the restaurants or stealing from the customers.

Putting their own tips on the checks and no one is confronted or fired . He ignores it, give the in customer some excuse. He says something will be done but nothing ever gets done. He does not do anything.

We have sone employees coming in high as a kite he dont care but it hurts me n other customers He has his wife working as a server. But she's getting paid something else. He's using ihop's money to open up. Another restaurant that he is currently opening up very shortly in a location nearby.

I would like something done if possible. Because there's a possibility a lawsuit.

But I don't wanna go to that. Thanks for reading hope something gets done from Anonymous employee at.

Allentown location ihop.

Cons:
  • Atmosphere

Preferred solution: Look into it

Guest

None of what you are stating is any of your business. You need to decide if you can work there and worry about yourself or if you should look elsewhere.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article