Verified Reviewer

2.4

I was a customer that placed an order for carryout at the 125 N. Stewart, Liberty, MO location on 05/22/2021 at 9:24pm where Alyssa D.

took the order. We waited patiently in the lobby for more than an hour to receive our food and when we arrived home realized our food was not as ordered and the meat was not done. I drove back to this location and asked for a manager and explained that my food was not as I ordered it and I wanted a refund. The shift manager (white female, blonde hair, very thin) stated she could not refund me my money but she could remake the order or she could take my name and number down and have her general manager call me on Monday.

I explained to her that I did not live in the area and that I was there taking care of a sick family member and that I just wanted my money back. She made a few phone calls and got the Asst. Manager on the phone (Bella) who stated they could not issue me a refund because all the money is put into the safe and there is no way for her to issue me a refund and Bella stated they tried reaching the general manager (Emily White) and she did not return any phone calls. Bella stated to me that there was nothing that she could do and I would just have to wait until Emily came into the restaurant at 5:00 am on 05/23/2021 and I explained to her that this was unacceptable because I still needed to get me something to eat and I needed my money back.

I paid for food that was not prepared properly and I didn't want them to prepare anything else for me all I wanted was my money back and she advised me that she would be calling the police on me and I told her that was fine I would wait and while I waited I contacted channel 5 news to investigate this incident. As I was waiting for Bella to arrive at the restaurant with the police the shift manager was talking to a customer about the situation with me and she was telling her that she would not refund me my money and I walked up to her and said I want my money back and you don't have to discuss this with the customer and she just starred at me while the customer said to me how much was your order and I told her it was $15.00 and she reached into her purse and gave me the $15.00 and while she was handing it to me the shift manager told her don't give me the money back and she tried to block the customer from giving me my money back. The customer told her it was ok and handed me the money anyway. This is not the way any customer should be treated at any time and I would like to file a complaint against both managers.

There are no signs up in this restaurant that state there is no refund for purchases. Please give me a call at 913-802-****.

User's recommendation: Do not support this location.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ihop Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

IHOP Cons: Waiting to checkout, Did not work with me on bad food, Poor management, Horrible service.

Location: 125 North Stewart Road, Liberty, MO 64068