3.0

Hello my name is Desiree ledesma, and I previously worked at the IHOP on Garth road as an overnight waitress, and in a few months I moved up to become the manager for overnight shift. I gained my ServSafe manages certification with this company and everything was going great.

When Ricardo started working there as the general manager, he made me feel like he was discriminatory towards myself as well as the other women who was a manager at this store for a couple years I believe. (She quit shortly after I did) A few weeks after Ricardo took over the store an incident arose when I started feeling sick one morning and I let him know. So I called in that evening and I had to take off work to get tested for the coronavirus. I had health concerns and felt more comfortable if I went to my primary care physician rather than another doctor that I do not see on a regular basis.

My PCP sees patients by appointment only. so I finally got an appointment within that week and he excused me for 5 days to start a new medicine for my extremely high blood pressure, it made me feel dizzy and when I tried to explain the situation to Ricardo he didn't respond and he just took me off the schedule and told me to bring a doctor's excuse which was fine with me because I needed the days off and my doctor excused me. I didn't know he was going to be holding a grudge against me when I came back to work. Which is very unprofessional and he was not communicating back with me as if he was upset for some reason.

He never called me or responded when I tried to reach out to him and I brought the documentation from my PCP which excused me for a little more than a weeks time . When I was able to come back to work, he told another employee to let me know my schedule, Ricardo scheduled me to come in that weekend overnight. He failed to mention that I would need to be dressed as a server because he hired another manager already. So he sent me home (which is across town) to change clothes on behalf of his mistake in lacking communication with his employees making assumptions and having a bad attitude.

So I did not return back to work under him after that incident. I felt discriminated against and disrespected he had no consideration.This happened awhile back in September 2020 when I really felt discriminated against by him, for being a women, like he could just take advantage of my kindness or unable to accept that it was his mistake and he lacks interpersonal skills to communicate effectively. Ricardo's behavior was childish and not as a general manager should act in that situation. BUT MY MAIN AND IMMEDIATE COMPLAINT IS ABOUT HIM REFUSING TO REMAKE OR CHECK THE TEMPERATURE OF THE PLATE HE WAS INSISTING I SHOULD DELIVER TO THE CUSTOMER.

A MANAGER SHOULD KNOW THE HEALTH CONCERNS AND HAZARDS OF TEMPERATURE CONTROL. Which I may have to report THIS STORE TO THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT because now that I am now working for doordash delivering food I must pick up orders From many different restaurants. Yesterday morning I came to pick up the web order for tristin from IHOP 1473. , around 8 am.

On our doordash delivery instructions, we are told to call the store and stay in our vehicle until the waitress brings it out to us and we sign off that we received the food. Which is not the way they conduct business obviously because Ricardo told me that all of the delivery drivers must come inside to pick up the customer's order.(they did not make me sign for the order either, which used to be a strict policy's enforced by management when I was working and managing at this specific location. I checked the ticket to look at the times and it had been sitting on that shelf for over an hour (NO TEMPERATURE CONTROL) When I told Ricardo he said there was nothing he could do for me, I needed to contact doordash. So I spoke to the PAYING CUSTOMER and explained the situation to her and how Ricardo refused to remake the meal fresh for her.

The customer was very understanding that I tried to make it right SINCE DOORDASH AND IHOP TEAMED TOGETHER AND we ARE BOTH SERVING THESE CUSTOMERS. ONLINE OR INSIDE THE BUILDING. HE REALLY SHOWED HOW UNPROFESSIONAL AND PETTY OR CHILDISH HE COULD BE in front of my face FOR THE SECOND TIME. THIS TIME it was AT THE CUSTOMERS EXPENSE, I FELT BAD SHE RECIEVED her food COLD.

IT WAS Ricardos choice TO REFUSE HER FRESH FOOD AND to abide BY THE HEALTH DEPARTMENTS STRICT RULES OVER TEMPERATURE CONTROL for HOT and COLD foods. I AM WRITING THIS MESSAGE SO THAT SOMEONE WILL SPEAK TO RICARDO AND BE SURE THAT HE IS AWARE OF HIS MISTAKE AND I WILL NOT take part of for any reasons that a customer may get sick from food I delivered to them. I did my part at the restaurant and the general manager Ricardo DID NOT. I HOPE that no one contracts food poisoning due to negligence and inexperienced management skills.

Like I said I was a manager at the same IHOP and I was told specifically not to send out cold food no matter what the reasons we must remake it and write it on the waist log sheet. It is a health hazard and I'm sure Ricardo is aware of that, if not then he needs to be ASAP! PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 832-872-**** WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR INFORMATION REGARDING THE SITUATION. I HAVE THE TICKET AS WELL AS THERE WAS A CUSTOMER WITH A CALL IN ORDER, WHO HEARD THE WHOLE CONVERSATION and he told me the food was cold before Ricardo handed it to me.

customer and I asked her thankfully the customer was very nice but I still did not want to have to deliver her food to her cold. It was an unpleasant experience and he showed his wisdom and discrimination against us for being women. Assuming he is able to take advantage of women. On top of the fact that he believes he is able to do whatever he wants because he is a general manager.

I was and I will continue to be an excellent employee to my employer as long as I receive equal rights and respect.

He is out of control and should not have his certification for managers if he has no idea how to do the job correctly! Thanks

User's recommendation: Be careful eating at this location on behalf of the general manager “Ricardo” sees no problem with sending out cold food to paying customers! Very unprofessional!

Location: Marietta, Georgia